My family and I love spaghetti and meatballs. However, dining out with three kids can be… well, a bit stressful. It’s also not ideal when you’re on a budget. I used to buy pre-made frozen meatballs from the supermarket (even Costco or Trader Joe’s), but they just never tasted that good to me. So I set out on a quest to make the perfect-tasting meatball. I believe I’ve finally discovered the right blend of ingredients that will create the best-tasting, restaurant-quality-but-made-in-your-own-kitchen-so-you-dont-have-to-take-your-crazy-children-to-an-italian-restaurant meatball. They are so yummy and I would love to share them with you today. Please comment and let us know what you think of our recipe. And to make it even easier to prepare, I use my Kitchen-Aid mixer.
[av_notification title=’Note’ color=’blue’ border=” custom_bg=’#444444′ custom_font=’#ffffff’ size=’large’ icon_select=’yes’ icon=’ue871′ font=’entypo-fontello’ admin_preview_bg=”]
There are two (2) recipes below: one is for the meatballs and the second is for the meat sauce – in case you just want to make one or the other. Bon apetit!
Joey’s Meatballs Recipe
- 1 lb Ground Beef (85/15)
- 1 small-medium Onion
- 3-5 cloves Garlic (minced)
- .5 cup Bread Crumbs
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- .25 cup Milk (whole or 2%)
- .25 cup Chopped Parsley
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- Pre-heat the oven for 350 degrees
- Add the ground beef to your KitchenAid bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients and let the KitchenAid Stand Mixer do the mixing for you (if you don’t have a KitchenAid, you can just use your hands to mix the ingredients).
- Once everything is well mixed, remove the attachment and bring out a cookie sheet preferably with a silicone pad on it.
- Use your hands to create balls and place them on the silicone pad.
- Bake meatballs in the oven for about 25 minutes or until they are golden brown with the juices bubbling under each ball.
- Remove them from the oven and add then to your favorite tomato sauce or enjoy them by themselves or in a sandwich
Joey’s Meat Sauce Recipe
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1 small Onion (Finely chopped)
- 2-4 cloves Garlic (minced)
- .5 cup Red Wine (Merlot)
- 1 tsp Dried Basil
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- .25 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 14.5-oz. can Diced Tomatoes
- 3 8-oz. cans Tomato Sauce
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- Start by a adding the olive oil to a deep saucepan on medium to high heat
- Add the onions and sauté for 2 minutes
- Add the ground beef and use a wooden spoon to separate the ground beef so as to get crumbles and not big pieces of cooked meat
- Add the salt and pepper to the raw meat
- Stir frequently until the meat gets browned
- Add the red wine
- Add the garlic powder, basil, and oregano
- Mix well and continue to stir for about 2-3 minutes
- Add the can of diced tomatoes and evenly distribute
- Add the 3 cans of tomato sauce. Add a little water if the sauce seems too thick
- Stir the sauce for another minute and lower the heat to low and cover the pan for about 10 minutes