Fettuccini Pasta 1lb Broken in Half
Butter ½ Cup Reserve 1 Tablespoon for sautéing garlic and parsley
Cream Cheese 8oz
Heavy Cream 1 Cup
Half and Half 1 Cup
Garlic Cloves 3 Minced
Grated Parmesan 2/3 Cup
Chicken Broth/Water 4 Cups
Italian/ Curly Parsley ¼ Cup Chopped (1-2 teaspoons for sautéing)
Salt & Pepper to Taste
- Set Instant Pot to Sauté. Add 1-2 tablespoons of butter and after it melts, add the minced garlic with 1-2 teaspoons of chopped parsley.
- Sauté for about 1 minute and then hit Cancel to shut off the sauté function and add the rest of the butter, Broth (or water), Heavy Cream, Half and Half, Cream Cheese and Parmesan Cheese
- Add Salt and Pepper (optional) to taste. I Like Roughly 2-3 teaspoons salt and 1-2 teaspoons of pepper.
- Break the fettuccini noodles in half and add them to the instant pot.
- Work the noodles so that they are as submerged as possible.
- Place the lid and ensure your valve is set to “Sealing”.
- Use Manual or Pressure mode and set it to 7 minutes.
- Once the timer is complete, wait another 7-9 minutes before fully venting the pressure. (7-9 Minute Natural Release)
- Carefully remove the lid and stir the fettuccine alfredo until everything is combined well.
- Let sit for 2-3 minutes to thicken
- Garnish with your remaining parsley