With summer well on its way, I couldn’t help but whip up this mouthwatering Boozy Strawberry Watermelon Limemade Slushy. A fruity drink for the grown-ups, your guests will adore every flavor profile they experience with each sip.
This limemade is perfect to serve during BBQ bashes. The recipe uses two of my favorite fruits: watermelon and strawberries. Each gulp is incredibly refreshing – and your guests will be asking for refills, I guarantee it!
How to Make a Boozy Strawberry Watermelon Limemade Slushy
- 12 cups watermelon (diced)
- 4 cups strawberries (quartered)
- 12 ounces tequila (your choice)
- 6 cups ice
- 1 can frozen limemade
- Salt or Sugar For Rim
- Lime Slices
- Mint Leaves
Yields: 12-16 servings
- In a large blender, add watermelon, strawberries, tequila, ice cubes and frozen limemade. I suggest working in batches by adding the mixture into a large pitcher once everything’s blended.
- Coat the rim of each of your serving glasses with the juice from a lime wedge. Dip each glass into coarse salt or sugar. Add garnishes and enjoy!
- You can cut this recipe in half or a quarter of it if you need to. We make LARGE batches because it’s so good and the limemade is pretty strong. So make sure if you do cut it down, that you cut down the amount of limemade you use.
- This can be non-alcoholic by simply leaving out the tequila. My kids drink it this way and love it.
- You can adjust the fruits to any that you like.
- If you don’t want it to be slushy, you can skip the ice and serve it in a glass with ice. It tastes good that way too. We prefer it slushy, though.