February 2019 VIP Crafters Club
The details for the crafting party and the materials needed are below. Please let me know if you have any questions at all. I will also be updating this page throughout the month, as well as the Facebook page – and important updates will also be emailed to you.
The Instagram Hashtag for the giveaway this month will be #vipcraftersclub – you can post photos of anything you make from this month’s files and you will be entered in a giveaway to get an Amazon gift card!!
Thank you so much for being here! I’m so excited to get to know you all better, and I can’t WAIT to craft with you!
If you’re like me, there’s a good chance you have a lot of these materials already lying around! I’ve outlined below what you’ll need to create this project with me. Not all of it is required, and I’ve listed which ones are optional below. Feel free to customize your project as you like – remember, this is your project! This list shows what I’ve used (or very similar items, since not everything can be found online). Looking forward to our Crafting Party!! (Note: this list may contain affiliate links)
The February project has a couple of different options.
- Option #1: Print, Cut, then hand-color
You can do a print and cut version where you can hand-color the inside of the card (this is what I did in the photo above)
- Option #2: Cut Cardstock and Vinyl
If you don’t have the capability of doing print and cut (or if you don’t want to) you can cut out the cardstock and then attach the shapes of adhesive vinyl onto each layer (for example, balloons, cake frosting, gifts, etc.).
- White Cardstock – I used 80 lb (Be sure the cardstock is compatible with your type of printer if doing Option #1)
Note: I will be posting a file setup video tutorial to show you how to print and cut and handle score lines, etc.
- Colored Cardstock or Glitter Coverstock (for the outer layer)
- Light Grip Cutting Mat
- Colored Pencils, Markers, Crayons, etc. (if doing Option #1)
- Oracal 651 Adhesive Vinyl (if doing Option #2)
With your cutting machine (cut settings same as “vinyl”) please cut the black/solid objects found in the “Layers w Solids” folder of the project cut files.
- Strong Adhesive Tape Runner (I used this and it worked great)
- Scoring Tool (Optional, or you can use an old ballpoint pen that has no ink for scoring)
- Bone Folding Tool (Optional but really helpful – you can also try using a popsicle stick)