January 2019 VIP Crafters Club
Hey VIPs!! Welcome to 2019!!! I am so excited to have you all here and excited for the crafting we’ll be doing this month! This month, we are making an erasable wall calendar to hang in your office and get organized for 2019! WOOHOO for January organization!
The details for the crafting party and the materials needed are below. Please let me know if you have any questions at all. The Instagram Hashtag for the giveaway this month will be #vipcraftersclub – you can post photos of anything you make from this month’s files and you will be entered in a giveaway to get an Amazon gift card!!
Thank you so much for being here! I’m so excited to get to know you all better, and I can’t WAIT to craft with you!
When: Thursday, January 17, 2019 at 4:30pm PST
(Note: a replay and a video project tutorial will be made available for those who cannot attend live)
Where: (Zoom link provided)
Project: Erasable Wall Calendar
Please bring your favorite drink, a snack or appetizer and be ready to
participate on video (not required, but encouraged)!
How to Set Up the Files for the January 2019 Calendar
Project Tutorial: How to Make the January 2019 Calendar
January 2019 Crafting Party Replay
If you’re like me, there’s a good chance you have a lot of these materials already lying around! I’ve outlined below what you’ll need to create this project with me. Not all of it is required, and I’ve listed which ones are optional below. Feel free to customize your project as you like – remember, this is your project! This list shows what I’ve used (or very similar items, since not everything can be found online). Looking forward to our Crafting Party!! (Note: this list contains affiliate links)
- Photo Frame (I purchased a 16″ x 20″ frame from Michaels)
- Oracal 651 Adhesive Vinyl
With your cutting machine (cut settings same as “vinyl”) please cut the below items found in the project cut files:
(Note: see the photo to the left for how I cut it)
– Choose either the Monthly or Weekly View version
– Choose a color where the inside (sticky side) is the same color as the outside. I chose white.
– Important: Mirror the Design. We will be putting the design on the inside of the glass so we want it to be backwards.
– I have included a version with registration months because you will most likely need to have 2 separate pieces and align them side by side (I also included weeding lines on the monthly version to make weeding a little easier)
– Cut size will vary based on your frame size. Try to allow enough padding (empty space) but don’t make it too small either. Also, you will need some empty space at the top in the monthly version to leave room for where you will write the month
– I also recommend that you choose a color that will contrast well with the wall color it will be up against (dark vs. light). Also, consider the writing utensil you will be using (for example, dry erase markers or liquid chalk). Try not to have colors that are too similar or else you won’t be able to read your calendar!
- Weeding Tool of Choice – like this pin pen
- Transfer Tape
- Squeegee/Scraping Tool or Credit Card
- Windex (glass cleaner) and paper towel
- Painter’s Tape
- Wrapping/patterned paper or fabric for backing (Optional for non-floating frame) – avoid anything with a high contrast
- Glue Gun and Glue Gun Sticks (Optional for floating frame)
I used a good amount of glue to adhere the glass to the frame, but if you are using the frame backing, this is not necessary.
- Liquid Chalk Marker or Dry Erase Marker